Guu'aadzi. Bienvenidos. Welcome!
With the love of comrades,
"With the love of comrades,
With the life-long love of comrades.
I will plant companionship thick as trees along all the rivers of
America, and along the shores of the great lakes, and all over
the prairies . . .” - Walt Whitman
Who better than “WW” to express sentiments that seem to get at the heart of our upcoming Sigma Tau Delta Convention in Albuquerque?
The love of comrades and the thickly planted companionship are certainly features of the convention. Where else can you be with 1,000 or so people who love language and literature as much as you do? John Green may have his Nerdfighters, but WE are the members of Sigma Tau Delta!
With four weeks left until our 2015 Convention, we are putting the final details in place. It's time for you to be making your final arrangements and getting prepared to have a great convention experience.
Schedule of Concurrent Sessions - 02/06/15 (PDF)
Concurrent Sessions Index of Presenters, Chairs, and Moderators - 02/06/15 (PDF)
- Check each index for your name and schedule on the Schedule of Concurrent Sessions - (02/06/15).
- If you are scheduled to present, chair, or moderate, but you are unable to attend, please email email@example.com no later than Monday, February 9.
- If you are attending the convention and have not yet registered, register today. Reduced-rate General Registration ends Monday, February 9; Late Registration begins February 10.
- If you have not yet made a hotel room reservation, make one today. The greatly reduced convention rates expire February 24-25.
- If you are presenting a paper or creative work, please read about how to prepare for your presentation and study the advice about presenting at the convention.
- If you are scheduled to chair a session, please see the instructions and Suggestions for Chairs.
- If you are scheduled to moderate a session, please see the instructions and Suggestions for Moderators.
- Everyone is invited to attend the convention, as presenter, participant, moderator, chair, or simply audience member.
Special Presentations, Workshops, and More
If you haven't yet checked out our schedule of special presentations and workshops, take a look and think about which one(s) you'll want to be sure to attend. We will have workshops that will appeal to a wide range of interests, including several on creative writing facilitated by published authors/teachers who are also Sigma Tau Delta members. One workshop will focus on creative writing and the convention Borderlands and Enchantments theme, while another will guide participants in fabulism and modern fairytales. Susan de la Vergne (who was with us in Portland in 2013) will again join us in presenting a workshop on how English majors can best present themselves to the business community when job searching. We'll also have a panel presentation led by a half-dozen authors with new publications who will discuss the paths they have taken to get their work published (and all of them are Sigma Tau Delta members!). Our partner organizations, Sigma Kappa Delta and National English Honor Society will also have special workshops and panels and will fill out our schedule.
To be sure you are prepared for Albuquerque, read the University of New Mexico (UNM) student suggestions about places that are "must visits," dust off your bad poetry, and get your chapter T-shirts designed and printed. Don't forget to bring your latest work for the Open Mic night. There will be plenty to keep us busy and entertained, and I look forward to sharing this year's convention with you. See you in March!
2015 Convention Chair
Wednesday, March 18
Thursday, March 19
Leslie Marmon Silko
Saturday, March 21
|Feb. 9:||General Registration Ends|
|March 18:||Convention Starts|